Saturday 2 November 2013

Remember me?

Apologies for the huge delay in writing - busier these days than I was during the summer. I've been feeling really impatient recently with it - not losing enough or quickly enough but I just looked back at some old blogs - I was down 24 kilos or 52 pounds on the 18th of September - today it's the 2nd of November - so just over six weeks later and I'm down 32 kilos as of this morning which is 70 pounds or 5 stone!
That's eight kilos in six weeks - I don't know what I'm getting so impatient about!!
Possibly it's because I bought a pair of skinny jeans three weeks ago in a size 16 which is my big goal. They did fit but were too tight so I couldn't really wear them. Now, three weeks on, they're looser around the bottom and waist but still way too tight around my calves - I can't really sit in them! Maybe that's why I've been getting disheartened - my legs aren't shrinking at all despite doing pilates twice a week and aqua aerobics once.
Also, I have some pairs of size 16 jeans that I used to fit into about 6 years ago and I still can't get them on, even though my size 18 jeans, which were too tight a month ago are now baggy and unattractive on me.
I think I'm just a bit fed up of not fitting into nice clothes yet - I've lost so much and I'm so close to my goal of being a size 16 but it's taking ages to do this final step. I'm easily a size 16 on top - even size 14s fit me but it's my stupid stumpy legs that are slowing things down on the jeans front.

In other news - John and I have been going out loads the last few weeks - big night of drinking every weekend. I've been keeping to the ADF routine fairly well but it's still not good. Last weekend, we went out the Friday night and I got a McDonald's on the way home, then had to work on Saturday so, since I was dying and wrecked, I ate all around me. I did fast on Sunday but on Monday we went for lunch at my parents' house and I just ate everything I wanted again, which resulted in a day of 3000 calories!

Felt awful after that, plus I caught a cold, so fasted on Tuesday and then had two half days of 750 calories on Wednesday and Thursday. Feasted yesterday but stopped at 1300 calories. Thought a week of low calories, lots of soup, and no sugar or bread might do me good. And it does seem to have if the scales are anything to go by!

Back to normal today anyway and I think I've managed to avoid a night out - John and I are going to the cinema. It'll be tough - I'll have to smell his popcorn but I think some time away from alcohol would be a good idea!

4 comments:

  1. Hey there! I just came across your blog and wanted to introduce myself!

    My name is Deanna, I have been doing some form of fasting since I was around 19-20 years old (just turned 28 in November). This year I've been doing more "eating one meal a day" but long to get back into alternate day fasting since it is the one fasting type diet that keeps my weight down and that I feel the best on.

    Anyways, I have done multiple longer water fasts (17 days, 19 days, multiple 6-7 days ones, and just completed an 8 day water fast). I do the longer fasts for the healing aspect versus weight management though. I've also done extended juice fasts as well.

    I see you haven't updated your blog in a few months, but if you're still doing this form of eating and would like a "fasting buddy" then I would love to chat with you! I'm planning on getting back full force into regular fasting to lose the weight I've gained over the past 18 months, I went through the most stressful, emotionally charged time of my life and packed on some major pounds the past year and a half and now that things have settled down I am looking to get back to my old self again. My weight always has fluctuated a lot since when I get stressed I eat. I do know that the one thing that ALWAYS works is intermittent fasting which is why I always go back to it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am not at all sure why my name is showing as hyrhryhryhr. I've had this gmail account for years and it's never showed that before, of course I rarely comment on blogs. I swear I'm a real person and not a bot :-)

      Delete
    2. Hi Deanna, sorry for the huge delay in writing back to you, I always forget to check my gmail for updates. I'd love someone to chat to about this - I don't know anyone doing it in real life. Lots of people are asking me about it but they all look at me like I'm crazy when I explain that I eat 500 calories every two days! It's the best diet I've ever been on though - I feel like I'll do this for the rest of my life. It's so forgiving too - I ate a LOT over Christmas but as long as I fasted a couple of times a week the weight stayed off which is amazing. Have you started fasting again so since you wrote to me? Are you doing ADF or your own form of it?

      Delete
    3. Hey again! I just saw your reply as well. I'm also terrible at checking for updates on things :-)

      I have been pretty strict with eating every other day, my fasting days usually consist of just coffee with a bit of cream and lots of hot tea. I think my weight is going down...I vowed not to weigh myself anymore for awhile so I'm going based on my clothes feeling a bit looser already.

      I've noticed in the past that 1-2 fasting days a week keeps my weight in check, but in order to lose I need more fasting days than that. It's been pretty easy so far jumping back into the fasting thing, so I'm hoping it stays that way.

      I just read your latest update and saw that you're down 79 pounds! That is amazing! Congrats! And so funny that you're going to France cause that is where we (myself, hubbie and our little boy) will be heading in mid-March. We are flying into Paris and will be pretty much driving all around France for 9 days. My husband has been there before, but it will be my first time to Europe so I am so excited and motivated to drop a few pounds by then!

      My email address is Deanna.colyer@gmail.com, feel free to message me anytime. I would love a fasting friend to talk to! I also have a little recipe type blog, it's nothing special but you can contact me on there as well, it's www.ahobosdaughter.com. Keep up the great work!

      Delete