Wednesday 11 September 2013

A New Me

I am a different person - not in appearance but in lifestyle - I am going to gym classes four times a week (and spending a fortune!) Since I last wrote, (which was nine days ago - oops) I have been going to Pilates twice a week, and Yoga and Zumba once a week.

I love Pilates - the instructor is lovely and I really enjoy the exercises, although my muscles are weak and I can't do a lot of them properly. Even keeping my legs in the air when on my back is tough after a minute. I'm already seeing an improvement though - I can stretch further in some positions and the pain in my hips during some exercises is almost gone.

I went to Zumba last Monday week and it was good but I didn't love it. I had trouble keeping up with a lot of the steps. I suppose that comes with practice though. So last Monday, my friend and I decided to go to Aqua Aerobics instead. However, we got there to find that there'd been a mistake and it wasn't starting for two weeks. So we went for a swim - more chat, less swim - and I'll go to Zumba next Monday and then Aqua Aerobics the week after. I would just like one cardio class in the week. Pilates does get me hot but it's not really cardio.

Today, I was looking on Living Social - those cheap voucher websites, and I saw one for four Yoga classes. So I got that and tonight was the first night. It was good - like a calmer Pilates - but I didn't like it as much. Maybe it was the instructor, maybe it was the class dynamic, or maybe the fact that I felt more awkward about not being able to do some positions than I do in Pilates. I don't know. I have three classes left, one a week, so I'll go and see how I feel after.

In terms of eating, I've been good. However, my last few feast days have been quite high - hitting 2100 calories each time and sometimes a bit over. I have lost another kilo but it's fluctuating wildly. After a fast day I'm down, but after a feast day I'm up about two. I don't really count a kilo as being gone until it's still gone after a feast day. I have tightened my belt by another notch though which is encouraging.

Maybe my weight is fluctuating due to my new muscles...! Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment