Sunday 7 January 2018

Here We Go Again...

And here we are. Again.

No, not really. I have gained weight but I've just had a baby so not beating myself up too much.

After I stopped blogging I kept at the weight loss and eventually lost 7 stone. I was at my lightest ever last January - I had discovered Banting and it shifted a stubborn stone so I was nearly at my goal weight although still flabby. No matter what, my arms and stomach never got firm - too much loose skin. My legs also never became slim and shapely but they were fine and I was generally happy. A size 12 in tops and 14 in jeans.

Then I got pregnant! I was really good for the first few months and then I started to let go - I was just so hungry and tired and never felt sick so I just ate everything and gained 4 stone. Whoops!

After I had my daughter, in October, I breastfed for a month and kept eating. I lost a stone right after she was born but was still up 3 stone. She was/is quite difficult - colicky, reflux... so I was tired and probably slightly depressed and I couldn't be bothered cooking so just ate crap. Which didn't help - none of my clothes fit me - beautiful boots I bought last winter are too small, my winter coats are too tight in the arms... I felt rotten.

Christmas happened and I told myself I'd start dieting in January. I kept putting it off until John's dad sent us photos he took at our baby's baptism. Well, that was a wake-up call! My belly and double chin were very illuminated by the flash! Started dieting the next morning!

So it has now been four days - I'm doing the Forever Clean 9 detox again for a kickstart and I'll go back to ADF. I would like to go back to Banting but John is gone vegetarian and I couldn't be bothered cooking 2 separate meals a day. I know I could do vegetarian Banting but it would be difficult. I'll see - maybe I'll try it after a few months of ADF.

So here goes! I'll update at nap times. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment