Sunday 9 June 2013

Mmmm... Foooood....

Today is my first feast day in ten days! It started, very pleasantly, with another two kilos lost! So that's eight kilos now so far since the 30th of May. I'm so happy with myself. I can see it in my jeans, the bottom has become a bit saggy and I have to keep pulling them up. Not too attractive... but motivating!

John came in last night after dinner with his father at about half eleven - he was merry in the merriest way. He decided to have a few glasses of wine so I stayed up with him. I ended up getting to bed at five o'clock! However, I'm very proud of myself - I drank two pints of water and ate nothing. Normally when I'm up late, I get very eatey and munch around me.

Got up about midday today and went to do the weekly shop. I bought loads of vegetables and fish, and even though it's a feast day, and my first one in so long, I completely bypassed the crisps, pizzas and chocolate. I looked at them all, and thought to myself, "You can if you want" and I found that I wasn't that fussed. It's as if knowing that I could have them made the temptation less. I know that if I had looked at them sadly, thinking, "Never again", I would have bought the lot. Or else come home very grumpy.

Stopped in Centra on the way home to get John a roll and I did buy myself six chicken wings as a treat. I also had two squares of chocolate that I had saved up for myself.

We have to go to that barbeque later and I'm in two minds about whether to have some soup for dinner, (mushroom soup; delicious) or else let myself go altogether and have some barbequed meat. I really want that soup. But I know when I'm there smelling all those delicious aromas... I'll really want a sausage. And yet I'm still a bit scared of eating. I've only had 450 calories today so far though... Hmm...

I told John about this diet last night. He's a bit iffy about it. He keeps saying that I should do a calorie-controlled diet every day. I think the fact that I had chicken wings and some chocolate is making him think that this can't possibly be a diet. And I don't think he understands the utter boredom and depression of facing into a lifetime of daily calorie counting. I know he does it but he doesn't revel in food as I do.
I have a feeling that my feast days are going to be a bit of a tense subject for the next couple of weeks. Every time I eat something not "diety" I'm going to get comments; "You're eating chocolate??!!" He might settle down if I don't go all out and once he sees that I'm still losing weight.
To be fair to him, I think he's just concerned about my intake of nutrients, but I am going to be very careful about that.

I downloaded an app called "Fitness Pal" - seems great. You put in the food you had, (or scan the packet with the included barcode scanner) and it tells you what you've had in terms of iron, sodium, etc... Very handy, instead of trying to work it all out.

Right, soup or sausage, soup or sausage? Or... both???

No comments:

Post a Comment