Saturday 13 July 2013

Super Squats

I think I might have been wrong about the avocados. Because I haven't eaten one in a few days and my eczema flared up again badly on Thursday night after having abated a bit. I wonder is it my yeast intolerance playing out as eczema now? It used to only be cramps but like I said before, if I'm eating less of it, I might become more intolerant to it. I haven't eaten bread since Thursday and my eczema has mostly died down again. I was in the bookshop yesterday though, and I happened to see a tube of hydrocortisone cream lying about, which is good for eczema. I smeared on about half the tube - so maybe it's that. I don't know. I'm going to self-experiment. I'll eat neither bread nor avocados for the next couple of weeks. Then I'll eat bread and see if I get itchy again. If not, I'll try avocados. Blasted eczema whatever's causing it. Especially these days when it's warm and I'm wearing short sleeves...

So had a lovely feast day yesterday. I was good until dinner - had one soft-boiled egg and an orange for breakfast, and soup for lunch. My dad came for dinner so I made a white wine, tomato and cream sauce with salmon fillets, smoked salmon, and pasta. My dad brought nibbles so we had those before dinner -  587 calories alone!!!!!! I'd made a fruit flan for dessert and I had two slices of that. Though to be fair, it was more fruit than flan. So the day came to 1900 calories roughly. Fasting or eating lightly before a big meal is really helpful - means you can let loose and still not end up with a ridiculous amount of calories at the end.

Today was a fast day. I had a bit too much coffee - three cups which is a waste of calories with all the milk I take. But anyway. We had steak for dinner - John had his with roast baby potatoes but I just had some lettuce with a bit of balsamic vinegar. I had a square of dark chocolate for dessert too. That all came to 506 calories for the day.

I was worried about my iron intake - according to "My Fitness Pal", I only ever get about 10% of my recommended iron intake, at most, every day. But I was all confident about it today, after my steak, and it said the steak's iron content was N/A!! Which is obviously ridiculous. I had 200g of steak, which should be about 40% of my RDA. So I've decided to stop worrying about my iron. It's probably higher than I think.

I'm still doing my squats and crunches. John watched me and he said I'm doing them fine. I can already get lower than before - I don't need the bed behind me, or even a chair. My legs are shaky after doing them and it makes my heart pound and I get all sweaty but I still don't have any pain after. I've never done exercises and not had muscle pain the day after - I actually quite like the feeling - makes me feel like I've done well. So I don't know what's going on. Maybe my legs are much more muscled up than I thought... Mmm... Maybe not.


3 comments:

  1. I have been reading "Wheat Belly" and there is a part on how people with gluten/wheat intolerance often have eczema and skin rashes on the elbows, knees, and back. I have had eczema since I was a child. I noticed mine had flared up recently after a pasta dinner, with a cream sauce, beer, and garlic bread. So, as sad as it is, I am trying to cut out all foods with wheat in them now. I am hoping this helps with my elbow/back rashes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got tested for allergies when my eczema flared up terribly when I was about 12 and I was allergic to yeast. So I'm going to cut out yeast and pray it's that. If it won't go away I'll try cutting out wheat altogether. I did have pasta on Friday night though and got no reaction at all. So I'm hopeful that it's just bread. No wheat at all would be very upsetting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as I can have bacon and wine, I will manage.

    ReplyDelete