Thursday 4 July 2013

Will of Steel

I spoiled myself on my feast day yesterday and it felt great!

I had two soft-boiled eggs with soldiers for breakfast. 575 calories.
Lunch was an avocado with some little crusty bruschetta bits, brushed with olive oil and tomato. Divine. And 283 calories which wasn't bad at all.

Then, around five o'clock, I.... wait for it... went for a walk! I walked the dogs for 4.5km. It took about 50 minutes and I wouldn't say it was the most enjoyable part of my day but it wasn't too bad. I have the "Runtastic" app which ties in with "My Fitness Pal". So apparently I added 700 calories to my day by doing that. I think I had said I was jogging though, instead of walking which might explain it. Really doubt that 50 minutes of a fairly leisurely pace burnt half a day's worth of calories...

For dinner, we had roast chicken with roast potatoes and vegetables - 529 calories.
I also had a square of my dark chocolate for dessert with a cup of coffee. So the day came to 1475 calories in total.

Today is a fast and I've had a cup of coffee so far. Having a chicken breast tonight with vegetables and a bit of pesto.
I had the most horrendous baking experience ever. My uncle's coming for coffee tomorrow so I decided to bake a chocolate cake. I bought a new silicone cake tin yesterday, in the shape of a giant cupcake and I couldn't wait to use it. So - made my cake - poured it into the lid part of the mould - it bent and toppled over - all my cake all over the floor. I was RAGING. Once I had calmed down, I made up another batch and figured that if I poured it into the base part first, it might strengthen the whole mould. However, once I poured into the lid part again, same thing happened. So I gave up and decided I'd just have a really big cake. Cooked it - fine - took it out - let it cool - no problems. The recipe said to make the icing and pour it on whilst the cake is still warm and in the mould. So I did - however when I tried to remove the cake from the mould it wouldn't come out and I had to break it into bits. So I had chunks of icing covered chocolate cake piled on a plate and it was a mess.
Finally decided to spoon and smush the cake into little glass ramekins which I did. It looks neat and presentable now. I am disappointed though - I was looking forward to a huge cake.

Anyway, all that to say that apart from the obligatory tasting of bits and pieces, and licking of spoons to make sure it was nice, I didn't have any cake. I will tomorrow obviously but I managed to resist that warm, melty chocolate smell...


 
Ta Dah!

No comments:

Post a Comment