Monday 19 August 2013

Sleep The Fast Away

Fasted all day Saturday with surprising ease in the end. I had a bowl of butternut squash soup that I had made, for breakfast, to ease the hunger pangs, and then didn't eat until seven o'clock that evening. I had more soup and three rice-cakes with an avocado. That brought me to about 470 calories, so as a treat, I decided to use up the rest of my calories on some of the chocolates I'd bought for Friday night - the Maltesers specifically. Weighed them out and calculated the calories - I was allowed three! Seven grams of Maltesers is about 35 calories - three Maltesers weigh seven grams. That is ridiculous! When I think of the amount I used to eat without a thought before... Ugh - I feel slightly sick and ashamed.

John went out Saturday night with people from work and came home about three o'clock in the morning. I woke up and got up - he decided to have a couple more beers so I stayed up with him, chatting and listening to music - we made it to bed about two o'clock on Sunday afternoon. I was very good though - just had two cans of Diet Coke, and didn't eat anything. Even though technically I was into a feast day by the morning and could have eaten. We went to bed and slept for a few hours. We were due at my parents' for dinner at half-six so I dragged an unwilling John out of bed and we went. Had some crisps, goat's cheese on honeyed toast with salad, and my mum had made the exact same salmon meal that I had made on Friday night! I also had three glasses of Cremant - so all in all, the meal came to about 1600 calories.

I must say, it seems like a bit of a waste of a feast day - to sleep it away and only have one meal - but on the other hand, fasting before a big meal is ideal really, as it kept my calories down. Sleeping is really handy sometimes - fast days where I sleep in and don't wake until late morning are great - dinner never seems so far away.

I'm back at work on Thursday - big staff lunch organised so luckily it happens to be a feast day. It'll be interesting to see how ADF fits into my working life. I suspect that working will make it much easier - as I've said before - if I'm busy, I don't feel hungry, or at least, I don't dwell on the hunger on fast days.

Oh yes, I'm also down another kilo! It's been hovering for the last couple of days - I've been down after fast days, and back up after feast days, but today is the first day it's down after a feast day. This always happens - I lose a kilo but it doesn't stay properly down for four or five days - I guess that's why you're only supposed to weigh yourself once a week... So that's 20 kilos gone now - or 44 pounds.
Went through my old clothes the other day - I was going to have to go buy new jeans before work as all my nice jeans are way too baggy on me now but I found two pairs that fit me about three years ago when I was a size smaller, and fit me again now! Great feeling - fitting into old clothes. Plus it saves me money. So now I need to concentrate on going down another size by the end of November. My dream (which might sound silly) is to be able to wear a denim skirt, with tights and boots by winter. It's a look I love and have never been able to wear due to my tree-trunk legs.



No comments:

Post a Comment