Saturday 17 August 2013

Surrounded By Temptation

I've been good all week, keeping to my calorie limits. Had two friends over for dinner last night, so I had an avocado and three rice cakes for breakfast and then I fasted the rest of the day in anticipation. As it turned out, I didn't actually eat too terribly. I had about 1900 calories for the day. We had tortillas with guacamole for starter, but I didn't eat too much. Then I had made hot-smoked salmon darnes, with mashed potato, red pepper ratatouille, and a cream and mustard sauce. For dessert, we had lime and ginger cheesecake. And a few glasses of wine throughout. Fairly rich meal, considering my breakfast was only about 300 calories!

Fasting today and it's going to be a tough one. I have that eatey feeling I get after eating rich food the day before - stomach feels all rumbly and empty. I also got up really early, despite it being a Saturday - John is working overtime and got up at seven. I was awake so decided to get up too. But now  a big long day of being alone and no eating is stretching in front of me. Plus he has a work night out tonight so I'll be alone all evening too. Perfect day to pig out - especially since it's raining and I'm surrounded by lots of lovely leftovers from last night - as well as all the extras I had bought in case people were extra hungry - cheese and crisps and chocolate... But no - the memory of last week's pig out is still fresh in my mind, and I don't want to feel like that again. Also, we're going for dinner to my parent's tomorrow so today has to be a fast day.

Pity it's so dismal outside - it's always easier to eat less when it's sunny I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment